Originally built in 1898 this late Victorian house had been neglected and allowed to fall into a poor state of repair before we got to work.
Our proposal saw the period property benefit from a sensitive renovation and extension. First we took advantage of the west facing garden by designing a traditional verandah with 3m high turned posts and exposed curved rafters. Next we opened up of the kitchen to form a sociable area living area, remodelled the bathroom and installed a hand made kitchen.
Once the wooden sash windows had been renovated to include double glazing attention turned to the tumbledown conservatory. The conservatory and single skin outhouse were replaced with an ensuite bathroom and dressing room on the first floor and a garden room, utility and WC on the ground floor. We designed the extensions to blend seamlessly with the original house by the use of hand made imperial bricks, purpose made custom timber windows and salvaged roof tiles.